Naturally, as parents we want the best for our children.Why should oral health care be any different? That is why our team here at Safari Dental, is offering you tips to help keep your child’s smile in pristine condition. It’s never too early to start proper health care hygiene with children. Here are some tips for you and your family:
– A child’s first tooth begins to break the skin at 6-10 months of age. Be sure to bring your child in to visit Dr. Manshadi, Dustin, and Dudeen no later than the child’s first birthday.
– Use toothpaste that has the ADA Seal of Acceptance. For children less than 3 years of age, use a dab of toothpaste roughly the size of a grain of rice. For children that are 3-6 years old, use a dab of toothpaste roughly the size of a pea.
– If the child is unable to brush their own teeth effectively, brush their teeth for them twice a day approximately 2 minutes each time, or as directed by their dentist.
– For children between the ages of 3-6, supervise the children to ensure they do not swallow the toothpaste.
– Do not share eating utensils between yourself and your child. Doing so can easily pass harmful cavity-causing bacteria to the child.
– Make sure your children consume healthy food and drink options.
Safari Dental is here to help with you and your child’s oral health care needs. For more information, or to book an appointment, please call us at (979) 985-3093 to get in touch with a member of our staff. You can also visit our office in Bryan, Texas. Don’t wait until it’s too late. Call or visit us today! We look forward to seeing you smile bright!