Do you know what best methods are to help your child brush their teeth? Depending on their age, they may not be able to clean their teeth for many years. Usually, a child can safely and effectively brush their own teeth when they are around six years of age. Until then, it must be up to the caretaker to make sure their teeth are cleaned daily.
– Stick to insignificant amounts of toothpaste for each session. Never use more than your child needs, which for their early age, it is often a blob roughly the size of a grain of rice. As they get older, you can begin to increase the amount per session.
– Avoid sharing toothbrushes with your child, as doing so can cause cross-contamination to occur.
– Also, do not share any dental utensils or tools of any sort with your child without cleaning and disinfecting them first.
– Speak your child’s pediatrician about which products are best for their oral health.
– Look for products that feature the American Dental Association’s Seal of Acceptance.
– Brush your child’s teeth twice daily for roughly 2 minutes each time.
– Try to make sure your child is eating healthy and nourishing foods and avoiding chewy or sticky foods that tend to remain after eating and are difficult to brush away.
To schedule an oral exam for you’re a professional cleaning for your child at Safari Dental, simply book an appointment at our dentist office in Bryan, Texas, with Dr. Manshadi and Dustin, and the rest of our team. We can be reached at (979) 985-3093. We look forward to taking your child’s smile into the future with quality care!