If you grind and clench your teeth while you sleep, then your smile may benefit from a nightguard. Our dentists may recommend this oral appliance to protect your teeth and jaw from becoming injured or strained while sleeping. Please feel free to contact our dental office in Bryan, TX today to learn more about getting a nightguard for teeth grinding at Safari Dental.
A nightguard is a special type of mouthguard that is used to treat bruxism, which is more commonly known as teeth grinding and clenching. If our dentist suspects that you suffer from bruxism, we may recommend a nightguard to protect your teeth from damage and prevent teeth grinding while you sleep. Many people who suffer from bruxism are unaware of the condition because it occurs while they sleep. Common signs of nighttime teeth clenching and grinding include:
- Chronic jaw pain, facial pain, and ear pain
- Awakening with a tired or tight feeling in the jaw
- Frequent tension headaches and migraines
- Excessive tooth wear, leading to chipped, flattened, cracked, or very worn teeth
- Extremely worn tooth enamel, exposing the inner layers of the tooth
- Indentations on the side of the tongue
- Increased tooth sensitivity
If you notice the signs of bruxism, you may benefit from a custom nightguard. This nightguard will be custom-made to fit your smile comfortably and effectively, allowing you to sleep peacefully while protecting your smile. We invite you to contact us today to learn more about nightguards and how we can prevent teeth grinding. We are dedicated to providing the best possible care for your smile.